The 7 Best Gaming Drinks For Energy and Focus (2022)
The best gaming drinks will be able to provide you with a boost in mental awareness, reduce fatigue, and help you focus on the game. All of this without making you crash afterward. Plus, they usually taste bloody awesome, much better than plain water.
These are some of the reasons why energy drinks for gamers have become popular lately. Brands like G-Fuel are not just a drink, but a status symbol, and a way to make gaming even more fun.
Nonetheless, not all gamer drinks are equal; nor they will be as efficient. Some gaming energy drinks might have negative side effects, such as weight gain, increased fatigue, or sugar crashes.
That’s why I’ve compiled a list of the top energy drinks for gamers. These are some of the tastiest, most efficient and healthiest gamer drinks that you can buy.
Top Gaming Energy Drink in the US
- Awesome taste and a great selection of flavours.
- 12kcal, 0g of sugar, 150mg of caffeine.
- Great blend to increase focus and performance while gaming.
- The best Blue Raspberry, simply delicious.
- From $1 per serving.
- Ships Worldwide.
Best Tasting Energy Drink
- 175mg of caffeine per serving.
- 5kcal, 0g of sugar and packed with active ingredients.
- Good for long gaming sessions.
- No chalkiness, mixes to perfection and lovely taste.
- Great price quality ratio.
- Pink Lemonade is the way to go.
Best For Focus and Performance Boost
Mind Lab Pro
- Nootropic pill solely designed for increased mental performance.
- For those looking only for the increase in focus, alertness and mental agility.
- Great for long gaming sessions and also studying (memory booster).
- Can consume together with your gaming drink.
BEST in the UK –> Team Command
BEST CAFFEINE FREE –> NAU
Gaming Drinks Considered
|Product||Kcal||Caffeine (mg)||Sugars||Price ($)||Ships to|
|Ghost||0||150||0||1.0||US, EU, AUS|
|Mixt Energy||0||166||0||0.5||US, CAN, EU|
Some of the popular energy drinks like Red Bull, Monster, Bang or Rockstar are often used as gaming drinks; but I have not taken these into consideration. Read below why.
Best Gaming Drinks for Focus and Energy
1. Sneak Energy
Best Gaming Drink
Without a doubt, Sneak’s Energy drinks are some of the best gaming drinks for focus you can buy. They offer a great blend between value, taste, and efficiency.
Now, Sneak Energy’s gaming drinks are some of the best-tasting gaming energy drinks out there. I tried their taster pack, and I was blown away by most flavours, in particular their Blue Raspberry.
Besides, Sneak drinks will be super efficient at keeping you focused and energized in your gaming sessions. Like many other drinks they have only 12 kcal and 0g of sugar, but the right blend of active ingredients.
This includes 150mg of caffeine, together with 100mg of L-theanine, 1500mg of L-tyrosine etc. For example, L-tyrosine helps you reduce stress and anxiety, therefore focusing better. Similarly, L-theanine + caffeine is a very powerful combo that increases your attention span, reaction speed and alertness without giving you any jitters.
Sneak also adds other proven boosters that will definitely have a positive impact on your energy levels, mood and performance. I love how they have a transparent formula and you can safely know what you are getting.
All of this at the affordable price of $1/serving and free shipping in orders above $100 (3 tubs).
- Calories (kcal): 12
- Sugar (g): 0
- Caffeine (mg): 150
- Price: $1
- Best Flavour: Blue Raspberry
- Flavours available: Blue Raspberry, Strawberry Millions, Sour Apples, Tropikilla, Strawberry Watermelon, Stealth, Bubblegum Millions, Purple Storm, Cherry Bombs, Origins Option B, Grape Crush, Neon Punch, Blizzard, and Blankberry.
2. Rogue Energy
- 175mg of caffeine – Ultra boost
- Proven active ingredients to help you focus and energized
- Very effective for long gaming sessions
- Caffeine free formula also available
- Pink Lemonade is the best-tasting gaming drink
- Not the cheapest
- 175mg can be a lot for those not used to caffeine
When it comes to deciding what the best gaming drinks are I consider the price, taste and boost to be 3 of the most important factors. Rogue Energy gaming drinks offer you just that; a perfect blend of good tasting and efficient gamer drinks.
Like many of the other best energy drink for gamers, Rogue Energy has 0kcal per drink and 0g of sugar. This is perfect to both avoid the sugar crash and make gaming drinks healthier.
However, Rogue Energy packs a whopping 175mg of caffeine per serving, one of the highest in the market. This paired with their energy complex (L-carnitine, l-citrulline, taurine, glucuronolactone) will keep you energized for a longer period of time.
Furthermore, they also add N-acetyl-L-tyrosine, l-phenylalanine, choline L-bitartrate and other active ingredients to enhance your focus. Many of these ingredients have proven effects enhancing brain functioning (see below).
So what about taste? While Rogue Energy might not have as many flavours available as some of the fiercest competitors, the ones they have mix great and taste even better.
The lack of chalkiness and how perfectly mixes took me by surprise. It’s like having the best soda you can imagine, but without bubbles. Plus, I felt no jitters or big crash after consuming it.
Looking for a caffeine-free boost? Try Hydrate. This is their caffeine-free formula, but still contains other nootropics to boost your performance.
- Calories (kcal): 0
- Sugar (g): 0
- Caffeine (mg): 175
- Price: $1.16
- Starter Pack: Yes.
- Best Flavour: Pink Lemonade.
- Flavours available: Pink Lemonade, Mango Pineapple, Watermelon, Cherry Limeade, Blue Raspberry, Grape Popsicle, Strawberry Kiwi, and Green Apple Extreme.
Best Mind Performance Booster
Why not try MindLabPro‘s nootropic mix for the max boost, and take your gaming seriously?
Ideal to take it alongside your gaming drink, and get better results. Great for long-term performance, too.
WARNING: For serious gamers only!
This is what I use when I really need to focus on work, or when I’m climbing the ladder. It’s not a drink, but it’s the ultimate recipe for mental performance in my opinion.
Here are some highlights:
- Improved brain energy for strategic thinking
- No extra stimulants, so that you can take it with your gaming drink
- Whole brain optimizer, safeguard for long term brain health
- Only for those that want to take their gaming to the next level and make use of any advantages they can get
- Good for competitive gamers and long hours
- From $1.73/serving
3. JuJu Energy
- Truly felt the difference while tasting
- 180mg of caffeine, which includes 45mg of natural caffeine
- Surprisingly good taste, and 0 mixability issues
- Tropical Juggernaut is lit
- Highly rated by users
- Wish it had more of some active ingredients (l-theanine)
- Might have to pay customs for international purchases
Don’t sleep on Juju Energy Drinks! It’s perhaps less known than some of its competitors, but still an excellent gaming drink.
There are two things that took me by surprise: one, it’s how good they taste. The Tropical Juggernaut is excellent and mixes without any issues.
The second is efficiency. I’ve used it as a pre-workout, for rugby training (really needed for the pre-season struggles) and obviously gaming. On every occasion, I’ve noticed the difference and performed to a higher level than my sluggish self.
Besides, they have really competitive pricing, starting at $1.2/serving, but having a 15% discount for all subscriptions (which not many competitors have).
You can buy tubs of 30 servings or the starter pack ($16); the latter probably being the best way to start.
As it’s made in the US, best-shipping terms will be found there; but they also deliver to Canada and Europe ($100 for free shipping).
- Calories (kcal): 15
- Sugar (g): 0
- Caffeine (mg): 180mg
- Price: $1.2
- Starter Packs: Yes.
- Best Flavour: Tropical Juggernaut.
- Flavours available: Bomber Pop, Blue Raspberry, Tropical Juggernaut, Cherry Bomb, Grapesicle, Green Apple, Horchata, and Watermelon Crush.
4. Team Command
Best UK Made
- Mixes well, no chalkiness, and good taste
- 21 kcal and no sugars
- 150mg of caffeine, vitmin B complex, L-Taurine, L-theanine and cognizin for maximum boost
- Free UK shipping after £40
- Cans also available
- Not the cheapest
- Only 4 flavours
Team Command is one of the newest gaming drink brands, but they already have 2 superb products. Both the powder and the cans are awesome choices to boost your gaming sessions.
Personally, I think that the cans are slightly better when it comes to texture and taste (it’s like a soft drink); however, the powder is significantly cheaper. In fact, it’s my go-to format, unless I’m feeling fancy.
For both, you will find 4 flavours. I think that Blue Raspberry is the way to go for the tubs, and Citrus for the cans.
But what about the actual performance? From my experience, Team Command’s gaming drink is top-notch. The 150mg of caffeine added to B-vitamins and common active ingredients like L-theanine and taurine will keep you focused.
I look forward to seeing more flavours from Team Command, but without a doubt, it’s one of the best gaming drinks you can buy in the UK. Fast delivery is key!
- Calories (kcal): 21
- Sugar (g): 0
- Caffeine (mg): 150mg
- Price: £2.3 (can)/£1.1(powder)
- Starter Packs: Yes.
- Flavours available: Blue Raspberry (both), Sour Apple (both), Grape (both), Tropical (powder), and Citrus (can).
- Most flavours – usually great tasting
- 3 different formulas: Energy, Hydration and Ready-to-Drink
- 15kcal, sugar free, and with antioxidants
- Clear information on the ingredient quantities
- They look cool
- Best availability in the US
- Contains Acesulfame K
If you are looking for the best energy drink for gaming; you are probably aware of G-Fuel. They are, indeed, the most popular and beloved gamer drink brand. Why?
Because they make delicious energy drinks for gamers; and they have up to 30 flavours you can choose from. Shiny Splash, Moon Pie, Peach Rings, Sour Nightmare… are just a few of those.
However, it’s not only about the taste. G-Fuel provides you with 140mg of caffeine per serving, 1g of Taurine, 1mg of ATP salt (cell fuel) and 0g of sugars to increase your energy levels while you game. Plus, they add antioxidants to the mix; albeit the levels per serving are very low to be meaningful.
That aside, it’s great to see the transparency G-Fuel offers when it comes to how much of each ingredient you get. This level of professionalism adds trust to their product.
On top of all that, you need to add the cool factor. Simply, there’s no cooler drink that G-Fuel.
- Calories (kcal): 15
- Sugar (g): 0
- Caffeine (mg): 140
- Price: $0.90
- Starter Pack: Yes
- Flavours available: Shiny Splash, Lirik’s 9 Lives, Sour Nighmare Fuel, Faze X, Wumpa Fruit, Sonic’s Peach Rigs, Star Fruit, Moon Pie Flavour, Snow Cone, Hype Sauce, Sour Fazeberry, PewDiePie, Sour Blud Chug Rug, Bubble Gum, Nemesis Tea Flavour, Spicy Demon’ade, Guava, French Vanilla Iced Coffee, Strawberry Banana, Bahama Mama, Battle Juice, Black on Berry, Ragin’ Gummy Fish, Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbo Sherbet, Tropical Rain, Fazeberry, Blue Ice, Watermelon, and Grape.
6. Mixt Energy
- 8 great flavours available – one of the best tasting
- 0kcal, no sugar
- 166mg of caffeine
- Incredibly affordable — $0.5 per serving
- Mixes well
- Available in the US, EU and CAN also
- Less active ingredients than other alternatives
- Not available in the UK
Looking for the best deals on gaming drinks? Mixt Energy gaming drinks are prove that good does not mean expensive. For about $0.5 per serving, you can enjoy one of the best energy drinks with a refreshing taste.
While their formula is simpler (less fancy ingredients) than alternatives; it contains the key ingredients to boost your performance: tons of caffeine, L-theanine, L-tyrosine, and B-vitamins to help you focus.
One thing I like about Mixt is that despite the boost in focus it provides and the caffeine content, I get 0 jitters. There are no nasty side effects, or stomach pains either.
All of this in 8 different flavours, including Fresh Lemonade, Rainbow Candy or Fruit Punch. Each tub will offer you 60 servings; and will cost you about $30.
However, you can enjoy the Premier bundle and try out all the flavours at a discount!
Plus, you can now use the code LATEST for an extra 20% OFF!
- Calories (kcal): 0
- Sugar (g): 0
- Caffeine (mg): 166mg
- Price: $0.50
- Starter Packs: No.
- Best Flavour: Fruit Punch
- Flavours available: Fresh Lemonade, Fruit Punch, Rainbow Candy, Starfruit Blast, Sour Slurp, Grape Popsicle, Blue Raspberry, and Orange Sherbet.
7. Nau Energy
- Free of caffeine, but still able to boost energy levels
- Unique formula to boost focus
- Vegan, non-GMO, free of sucralose and acesulfame K
- More natural taste
- Only 36kcal per serving
- 6.6g of sugar per serving
- More expensive than other alternatives
So far, all the best energy drinks for gaming have been with caffeine. Hence, Nau, the caffeine-free energy drink that you can use to boost your gaming sessions, without troubling your sleep.
Not only that, but Nau offers a more natural formula suitable for vegans, that doesn’t contain tons of artificial sweeteners (only stevia glycosides). Consequently, Nau does contain 6.6g of sugar per serving, but only 36kcal.
Instead of caffeine, Nau uses Spanish sage and garden sage to boost your alertness, as well as L-theanine and lemon balm. These can also help you studying since they enhance memory and help with learning.
Sadly, this more natural approach does affect the cost, with each serving costing over $1.25. Nonetheless, you will be able to get free worldwide shipping on orders above $80!
- Calories (kcal): 36
- Sugar (g): 6.6 – Sugar free options available
- Caffeine (mg): 0
- Price: €1.20
- Starter Pack: Yes
- Flavours available: Lemon Balm/Elderberry, Green Apple, Pineapple Twist, and Raspberry/Blueberry.
Best Meal Replacement Shakes For Gamers
Have you ever felt hungry during a gamin session? Has this led you to expensive and unhealthy food options (pizza, burgers, sweets)? Take-away not only negatively affect your health, but might hinder your performance within the gaming session.
That’s why I usually enjoy a quick meal replacement while I game. A healthy shake that provides me with the nutrients I need and tastes delicious. No prep time required, ready in a minute and no washing dishes.
Below are some of the best shakes for gamers.
1. Complete 360 Meal
Best Meal Powder
- Great nutrition at an affordable price
- Delicious chocolate flavour
- 30g of protein, low in sugars, vegan
- Includes all the nutrients (also vitamins and minerals) that you need
- Best prices in Europe
Complete 360 meal is one of the best meal replacements you can buy. Super tasty, affordable, and provides you with excellent nutrition.
Each shake has 400kcal, 30g of protein, no dairy, 1g of sugars, and all the vitamins and minerals you need. Consequently, the shakes will do great at keeping you full, and help you maintain high energy levels.
Plus, all flavours are absolutely delicious. Personally, I’m biased towards chocolate, but both vanilla and strawberry are pretty good.
You can have all this for about £/€1.2 per serving. Unfortunately, getting C360 in the US is a little trickier and you might want to check the other options.
|per serving||Complete360||RI (%)
2. Soylent Drink
- Silky smooth shakes, that are a pleasure to drink
- 400kcal, 20g of protein, 1g of sugar
- Ready to drink, and no cleaning required
- Over 6 flavours available, including caffeinated options
- Also available in powder form (cheaper)
- US only
- Will cost about $3/meal
Are you looking for convenience? Soylent Drink will be the best option for those who want to game uninterrupted. The ready-to-drink option doesn’t require you to mix it or clean it!
Furthermore, the RTDs are usually much smoother and easier to like than the powder alternatives. Even though they cost extra, this is usually worth it as far as taste is concerned.
Regarding Soylent Drink, you’ll be able to choose from Chocolate, Mint Chocolate, Banana, Strawberry, Vanilla; or the caffeinated options, Cafe Mocha, Cafe Vanilla and Cafe Chai.
Every one of them is vegan and contains 20g of protein per serving. They will keep you full for 3h without any issues, so you can keep playing non-stop.
|per serving||Soylent Optimized||DV (%)
|of which added (g)||1.0||2|
Best Gaming Focused
- Designed for gamers
- Tons of flavours available
- Also in RTD
- Great starter packs
- Available in the EU and US
- High in sugars
- Not the most affordable
The German brand Runtime.GG was designed for gamers to keep them fueled during their gaming sessions. Consequently, these shakes will provide you with complete nutrition that will energize you for hours.
Each shake includes 2.4g of BCAAs, slow-releasing carbs, and 400kcal. Their powder formula is available in whey-based (dairy) and vegan.
However, where Runtime shines is not the nutritional aspect, but the taste of their shakes. They offer over 12 flavours, including Lemon Cheesecake (one of the best), Chocolate, Coconut, Strawberry, Caramel and more.
I would recommend starting with one of their awesome starter packs which will include multiple flavours, the RTDs, a couple of healthy snack bars, and a few Performance energy drinks, too.
|per serving||Runtime Meal||RI (%)
Nutrition 101 – Understanding Gaming Drinks
Simply put, most video game energy drinks are powdered forms of popular energy drinks like Red Bull or Monster. Their aim is to provide you with a mental boost, increase awareness and focus, as well as, help you reduce fatigue.
In order to do so, gaming drinks rely on active ingredients that stimulate your brain (nootropics); as well as, vitamins and minerals that can produce similar effects.
Gaming drinks, on the other hand, are usually low in calories. Thus, they won’t provide you with energy for physical abilities (fuel to burn); nor they will give you essential nutrients like fats, carbs, or protein. In other words, nootropics won’t provide you with movement points – won’t power your next action-, but they will enhance it.
While on it’s own this is a very complex topic, I will cover some of the most popular ingredients seen on gaming drinks:
- Caffeine. Perhaps the most used nootropic in the world. Caffeine acts in the Central Neural System and increases your alertness. Daily recommended dosage is below 400mg, and long-term consumption is not linked with any negative effects.
- L-theanine. This is a non-common amino acid that it’s not often present in our diets, and has structural similarities so GABA neurotransmitters. Among other stimulating properties; it’s synergistic effect in cognition and attention when combined with caffeine is why it’s so popular. Albeit, according to Examine.com, for optimal effects you should take 200mg of each.
- L-tyrosine (N-acetyl tyrosine). Another amino acid that has strong links to stress reduction. It’s the precursor to neurotransmitters such as, dopamine, adrenaline and noradrenaline. Thus, supplementation might increase mental chemicals and performance under stress.
- Glucuronolactone. This naturally occurring substance is very common in energy drinks. In conjunction with other nootropics, it has been proven to increased attention, memory and concentration.
- Choline L-Bitartrate. Choline is a hugely important nutrient with major roles in DNA regulation, cell signaling and early brain development. The reason why it’s found in energy drinks is that it’s needed to produce acetylcholine (neurotransmitter). L-Bitartrate, unfortunately, is the lowest quality source of supplementary choline.
Neurotransmitters: these are signaling molecules or messengers, required for the brain to tell the body what to do.
Other common ingredients found in energy drinks, include- not nootropics:
- L-carnitine. Carnitine plays a key role in cellular energy production. It’s usually added to increase muscular endurance, but the quantities on energy drinks are too low to have any real impact.
- Vit B group. This group of 8 essential vitamins have major roles in cellular functioning, helping proper brain function and synthesis of signaling molecules. For instance, vitamin B6 has a key role in the production of GABA neurotransmitters.
- Vit C. This is another important vitamin, with key roles in regulating brain signaling, as well as, acting as an antioxidant in the brain.
Ingredients To Avoid in Focus & Energy Gaming Drinks
So, are there any ingredients that you should avoid or any nutritional cues you should be on the lookout for?
In short, yes. You will find you that few companies might be giving you a mix that either is useless or hazardous to your health. Here are few things to check:
- Calories. First and foremost, it is important to be aware of the caloric input of the energy drink. Generally speaking, you don’t want to be drinking calorie rich drinks, since they will provide you low quality energy with very few nutrients. Drinking too many calories can lead to weight gain.
- Sugar. You will do well looking out for sugars, too. If a gaming drink is rich in calories, it’s likely rich in sugars, too. As a rule of thumb, you don’t want to drink anything with over 10% of your DV in sugars. High sugar diets can lead to putting on weight, diabetes and obesity.
- Caffeine content. Most energy drinks mentioned above have very high caffeine content (100mg + per serving). Going above 200mg per serving can be dangerous, even more if you are not used to caffeine.
- Filler ingredients. Finally look out for filler ingredients that might seem out of place. This are often used to cheapen the product and don’t offer anything of value to your drink.
Are Gaming Drinks Bad for You?
Looking at the ingredients above, it must be said that neither of these cause any harm in the levels present in gaming drinks. Even more, most ingredients found in energy drinks for gamers are well below their toxicity levels.
Issue 1 – Tolerance
In spite of that, it must be said that you can build up a tolerance, which will reduce effectiveness and force you to drink more (e.g. caffeine). Increasing the daily servings could have negative effects.
Issue 2 – Not if Under 18
Furthermore, due to most research being done in adults, I would not recommend consuming excessive amounts if you are under 18. Considering that your brain is still developing, some of these active ingredients can have more hazardous effects.
Issue 3 – High in Artificial Sweeteners
Lastly, it’s worth mentioning that most of these contain artificial sweeteners, namely acesulfame K and sucralose. While they’ve been deemed safe by the FDA and ESFA, they can cause discomfort (stomach) and might have long term effects (highly unlikely).
Are Gaming Drinks the Same as Regular Energy Drinks?
Despite being similar to standard energy drinks, gaming drinks have few key differences:
|Similar core ingredients: caffeine, taurine, l-carnitine…||Gaming drinks are usually low in calories and have no sugars|
|Often have really high caffeine content||Best gaming drinks are often sold in powder vs cans –> to be more affordable|
|Same final aim: to provide you with a mental and physical boost||Regular energy drinks contain calories and sugar to provide you with fuel for physical activities|
|Not advised to consume if under 18||Energy drinks for gamers have more flavour options|
Therefore, should you use regular energy drinks in your gaming sessions? In theory, they should have a similar effect; but if you decide to do so, I would recommend opting for a sugar free option to reduce the caloric input.
Personally, however, I would buy some of the best gaming energy drinks mentioned above due to them being more affordable, and having more flavours to choose from.
Are Gaming Drinks the Best Energy Drink Powders?
This depends on what you are looking for, but if you want a Monsters or Redbull alternative in a powder form (because it’s cheaper); then yes. In this case, gaming drinks will be the best energy drink powders.
However, depending on the reason you are looking for an energy drink powder, you might want to look at an option with calories (e.g. you are exercising).
Other popular alternatives for the best energy drink powders are:
- Pre-Workouts: My Protein The PreWorkout
- Isotonic Drinks (for intra-sport purposes): SIS in Sport GO
- Healthy Energy Drinks: PureBoost Clean Energy
- Energy level boosters: Performance Lab Energy
More Gaming Supplements
Are you trying to find out all the possible avenues to increase your gaming performance? Or maybe ways to keep your health at check while playing games for long hours? Here are some more supplements that might help you out:
Performance Lab Vision
- Protect your vision after long hours staring at the screen.
- Enhances contrast sensitivity, motion detection and hand eye coordination.
- Helps to reduce screen fatigue.
- Safe for daily use.
- Less than $1/serving.
Mind Lab Pro
- Includes most proven nootropics that enhance your metal sharpness.
- Made in USA and with third party testing for purity and potency.
- Clear info on each ingredient.
- Worldwide shipping.
- Ensure you get all the essential micronutrients.
- Includes minerals like zinc that have primary functions in the brain.
- Daily use recommended.
Omega-3: DHA and EPA
- Omega-3 fatty acids are essential fats often missing in our diets.
- EPA is great to fight anxiety, help improving eye health, and prevent mental decline.
- One of the most essential and proven health supplements.
Consuming energy drinks for gamers should not have any major negative side effects on your health. You might notice a drop-off in energy levels and attention after the effects have worn off, though. Furthermore, long-term continuous consumption might lead to tolerance; hence reducing the effectiveness of energy drinks.
There are a few caffeine free energy drinks, but they are not the norm.
As mentioned above, gaming energy drinks are mostly safe to consume for most adults. However, I would recommend careful consumption as an underaged. Plus, consult your doctor if you see any adverse effects.
Even the best gaming drinks for focus won’t drastically increase your skills. They will, nonetheless, increase your concentration, energy levels and focus.
Gaming drinks and pre-workouts share many of the same ingredients; thus you might occasionally want to use your gaming drink as pre-workout. However, the latter often contain ingredients like creatine that boost your physical performance, rather than increasing focus or mental awareness.
Conclusion: The Best Gaming Drink is
… Sneak Energy. It is affordable, mixes without any issues and most flavours taste great. On top of that Rogue Energy is a great choice, too.
Nonetheless, many of the other top energy drinks for gamers mentioned here are amazing, too. For instance, Nau is the only caffeine-free energy drink on the list. Alternatively, G-Fuel offers more flavours than anybody else; thus, you are likely to find your match.
All in all, the best energy drinks for gamers can give you a boost in focus and mental capacity; but won’t dramatically increase your ability levels. The only way to stop being a noob is by trying harder and learning.
Have a good look at my top picks and enjoy!