5 of the Best Kachava Alternatives: More Affordable and Equally Healthy
Welcome to this round-up of the best Kachava alternatives.
When it comes to great meal replacements Kachava is always mentioned. They are able to deliver an unbelievable package of natural goodness, ultra nutritious shakes and ultimately excellent tasting drinks. However, this package comes at a whopping cost of $8 per meal. Thus, it’s understandable that many of us have looked at Kachava alternatives.
In fact, even we considered that Kachava is one of the healthiest shakes you can buy, and we highly recommend it for those who can afford it. Is Kachava the only good meal replacement shake, though?
No. There are a few great alternatives to Kachava shakes. Whether you are looking for something that’s cheaper, or for a shake that has more flavors or a tastier Kachava alternative you’ll find it here.
Meet the Expert
I’m Enaut, a BSc Biochemistry graduate at the University of Bath (UK), converted into a meal replacement expert.
How? When I first started working I could not fit my meals and eat healthily. My mood and physical shape were deteriorating and I had to do something about it. That’s when I found meal replacement shakes, they were the ideal solution.
Since I started trying different brands and writing about them. After 4 years and over 250 shakes tried… here we are!
Best Kachava Alternatives at a Glance
Lyfe Fuel – Editor’s Choice
- Natural, focused on providing your the most nutrients per shake.
- Plant-based, low in calories, high in protein.
- Made from 32 wholefood ingredients, no filler.
- Better value for money
- Super customer service.
- Great tasting.
Other Top Kachava Alternatives
BEST KETO ALTERNATIVE TO KACHAVA —> HLTH Complete Meal
BEST WEIGHT LOSS KACHAVA ALTERNATIVE —> Instant Complete
MOST AFFORDABLE —> Huel Black
Kachava Shakes Overview
If you read our Kachava review, you will know that we loved the product. It brings together the best of many worlds:
- Natural and made with whole food ingredients. There’s nothing nasty or artificial on the shakes.
- Made from 70 plant-based superfoods that are able to provide you with all essential nutrients.
- Rich in protein, soy free, gluten-free and mostly organic.
- Great to boost your nutrient intake and phytonutrient intake (antioxidants, anti-inflammatory agents).
- Surprisingly good taste for both flavours.
However, we were also aware of its shortcomings. For instance, Kachava shakes are not very rich in omega-3 essential fatty acids.
But most importantly, they don’t fit the budget for most people. Not all of us can spend $8 per meal.
Luckily, among these Ka chava alternatives, you will find shakes that are as healthy, but are better value for money.
Best Kachava Alternatives
1. Lyfefuel Essentials
- Similar premium, superfood, whole-food approach, but cheaper
- Extreme focus on providing you with the most nutritious shake
- 25+ Superfoods included
- 18g of plant-based protein per 110kcal
- Science backed formula
- Still not very cheap
- Just 2 flavors to choose from
Lyfefuel Daily Essentials is one of my latest findings. This hidden gem is the perfect substitute for those who are looking for a cheaper alternative to Kachava.
Firstly, it is also made only with the highest quality ingredients. They use only whole food ingredients that you can recognize, and they focus on providing you with what you are lacking: nutrients (vitamins and minerals). Sadly, the American diet is filled with low-nutrient calories, and we are often neglecting these nutrients which have a huge beneficial impact on our long-term health.
For that, they use broccoli, kale, Canadian yellow peas, organic parsley, organic cabbage… and many more vegetables and fruits that you recognize. They provide you with all essential nutrients from plant-based ingredients.
I spoke to the founder, and he was very insightful. He stated that they aim to provide nutrients many Americans’ might be lacking, like vitamin B12 or D. He was very knowledgeable, and believe on a rigorous scientific approach when formulating the shake.
On a more practical side, each shake (110kcal) has 18g of protein and only 3g of sugar. You will find that this does wonders to avoid feeling tired after eating (the “crash”) and making you full for longer.
So what about the price? Well, it’s best when you buy in bulk, since each serving will cost you only $2.08!
- Macros (C/P/F): 14/65/16
- Kcal: 118kcal
- Protein (g): 18g – from pea protein and organic rice protein
- Sugars (g): 3.0g of which 1.5g are from added sugars
- Allergens: None
- Profile: High protein, low-calorie, vegan
- Flavours: Chocolate and Vanilla.
- Best Flavour: Chocolate.
2. Instant Complete
- Great nutritional boost: extra vitamins and minerals
- High in protein, low in sugar, high in fibre
- Designed for weight loss, and help you with athletic performance
- CUT can help you accelerate weight loss
- Costs 1/3rd of Kachava
- Less natural – still good ingredients, just no superfood blend
- Only 2 flavors
Looking for a meal replacement that it’s going to help you with your weight loss journey? Then, there are very few as Instant Knockout Complete.
This Kachava alternative excels at providing you with all the essential nutrients, from plant-based ingredients only. It comes with 35g of protein per 400kcal serving, 1g of sugar, and plenty of fiber.
While other shakes might neglect essential fats, like omega-3 fatty acids which are primordial for proper brain functioning, Complete provides you with a well-rounded shake. It has all nutrients, 100% of your vitamin D, 90% of your vitamin A and 50% of your vitamin C.
Thus, even if you find the full serving too big (400kcal), you can enjoy a half serving and still get a huge boost towards your daily nutrient targets. You can then use it as a snack or protein booster, too.
For those who are looking for a little extra help with their weight loss diet, I recommend looking at CUT, their metabolic booster that helps you stay full for longer and promotes fat burn (according to them).
Make sure to use the bulk discount to get the best prices, up to 25% off when you buy Cut and Complete together.
- Macros (C/P/F): 40/35/25
- Energy (Kcal): 400kcal
- Protein (g): 35g – from pea, soy and organic brown rice
- Sugars (g): 3.0g
- Allergens: soy
- Profile: Vegan, high protein
- Flavours: Vanilla, and Chocolate
- Best Flavour: Chocolate
3. Ample Shakes
Best Low Carb
- Focused on natural, real food ingredients only
- No synthetic ingredients, no artificial sweeteners
- Designed to improve your gut health: includes probiotics and prebiotics
- 3 different formulas; whey-based, plant-based and keto
- Shakes are ultra smooth, sweet and delicious
- Fails to deliver all vitamins and minerals
- Having stock issues
Note: Currently with a backorder until late march.
Anyone who’s looking for a Kachava substitute should consider Ample shakes. For years, they have been the reference for US-made all-natural meal replacement shakes.
They take being natural to another whole level with zero artificial sweeteners or synthetic ingredients, including no synthetic vitamins or minerals. Ample believes that nutrients are best absorbed from whole foods.
Besides, they offer low-carb and keto-friendly shakes that are ideal to manage your blood sugar and improve long-term health. Currently, they have 4 options:
- Vanilla. Ample Original with extra protein and a lovely vanilla-cinnamon taste.
- Berry. This is the vegan Ample, with only plant-based ingredients. It’s the flavour that I like the least.
- Chocolate. The Keto variant with even less net carbs (4g only!) and one of the best chocolate shakes that I’ve tried.
- Recover. Their latest addition aimed to more sporty individuals, with extra protein (whey based).
The one downside of Ample shakes is that they fail to deliver all micronutrients (vitamins, minerals) and instead only give you those that are naturally occurring in the ingredients.
That said, I still think that they are excellent shakes and they are also more affordable, with 400kcal costing around $4.48 when you buy in bulk.
Tip: The canister is the cheapest option (plus you can have a further 15% OFF if you subscribe – cancel at any time).
- Macros (C/P/F): 12/25/63
- Kcal: 400kcal
- Protein (g): 25g – from grass-fed whey protein or organic pea protein
- Sugars (g): 2.0g of which 1.0g are from added sugars
- Allergens: None
- Profile: Low-carb, keto-friendly
- Flavours: Chocolate, Berry and Vanilla-Cinnamon
- Best Flavour: Chocolate (Keto)
4. HTLH Complete Meal
- Best Keto shake in UK
- 27g of premium protein, only 4g of net carbs
- Includes prebiotics, probiotics, and digestive enzymes
- Tastes great and you feel good after
- Only two flavors
- Not vegan-friendly
If you are looking for a keto alternative to Kachava then HLTH’s Complete meal is your pick. I love the smooth, silky, creamy HLTH shakes and I think you will too.
However, it’s not only the taste I enjoy about these shakes, I also think they are excellent keto shakes. They provide you with only 4g of net carbs (per 400kcal), and a carefully crafted balance of 27g of premium protein and 27g of fats. This 1:1 ratio was promoted by Dr. Bikman who believes increases nutrient absorption and promotes ketosis.
They also add tons of micronutrients, apple cider vinegar, probiotics, and prebiotics, plus digestive enzymes to their shakes. With other keto drinks, I sometimes have a stomach ache, but never with HLTH Complete Meal.
Besides, they are also more affordable than Kachava at $3.3/meal. So a great mix of good nutrition, delicious taste, and affordable pricing.
- Macros (C/P/F): 12/27/61
- Kcal: 400kcal
- Protein (g): 27g – from whey protein isolate, grass fed collagen, egg whites
- Sugars (g): 2.0g of which 0g are from added sugars
- Allergens: None
- Profile: Low-carb, keto-friendly, gluten free, free of artificial sweetenerrs
- Flavours: Chocolate Macadamia, and Creamy Vanilla
- Best Flavour: Chocolate Macadamia
5. Huel Black
- Vegan, soy-free, gluten free
- 40g of protein per shake
- Great all around nutrition
- Much more affordable than Ka’chava
- Some of the flavours are not great (Chocolate, Berry)
- Not as natural, does not contain as many superfoods
What if your budget is considerably lower? Then, do not worry, because you can still enjoy excellent meal replacement shakes. One of which is Huel Black, one of the most popular shakes in the world.
This is a low-carb high-protein shake (40g per 400kcal!) that it’s solely made of plant-based ingredients and will provide you with all essential nutrients. This is a gluten-free shake that contains no artificial sweeteners, too.
Unlike Kachava, Huel opts for more practical ingredients, slightly more processed, and that is what makes it more affordable.
It might not have the 70 superfood blend, but Huel has plenty of nutrients, plus probiotics, plus a bunch of phytonutrients. Thus, you will get most of what Kachava is able to provide but at a third of the price.
Furthermore, there are a lot more flavors to choose from. Not all of them are great, but Salted Caramel is a keeper for sure. I’ve been having it regularly, as for late.
- Macros (C/P/F): 20/40/40
- Kcal: 400kcal
- Protein (g): 40g – from pea protein and rice protein
- Sugars (g): 4.0g of which 4g are from added sugars
- Allergens: None
- Profile: Low-carb, high protein, no artificial sweeteners
- Flavours: Chocolate, Vanilla, Banana, Berry, Salted Caramel, Coffee, Unflavoured & Unsweetened, and Strawberry Cream
- Best Flavour: Salted Caramel
How I Chose These Kachava Alternatives
The truth is that there are plenty of meal replacement shakes out there, but very few offer as a complete package as Kachava does. Their superfood blend comes with tons of healthy ingredients, but this is sadly reflected on the cost.
However, I believe that, as I’ve shown in this article, there are tons of other healthy shakes that you can take and still enjoy 95% of the benefits Kachava gives you. I mean, Kachava is not perfect either, and some of the abovementioned drinks might even be suited for you.
So let’s have a quick look at the criteria:
- Quality of ingredients. First and foremost, I tried to pick shakes and companies that have rigurous standards on what they ingredients they choose.
- Good nutritional output. Secondly, they need to provide you with a balanced, and complete meal where possible. Kachava’s strength is nutritional output, so should it be for the competitors.
- Needs to be tasty. We love the taste of Kachava shakes, thus, the alternatives need to be as tasty if not more.
- Preferably plant-based. While I don’t have any issues consuming dairy-based shakes, Kachava is a dairy free meal replacement shake. Thus, I tried to mostly provide you with vegan shakes.
- Should contain probiotics, digestive enzymes, superfoods or other “extra nutrition” ingredients.
- No crap ingredients. No maltodextrin, or syrups, or fake fibers. Natural wholefood ingredients as much as possible.
- Bonus: US based.
There are a few more shakes that I think are perfect Kachava alternatives, like Orgain that I missed out on, but I am happy with the selection that I came up with.
Kachava on a Budget
Furthermore, I want to share a small trick with you. Many of you have come looking for cheaper alternatives to Kachava (spoiler all the ones above are), but some of you might have a tighter budget.
For those, I would recommend buying one of the most affordable options (Complete or Huel Black) and adding some of the best greens powders to the mix.
This would provide you with the benefits of complete and balanced nutrition the best meal replacements provide you; with the benefits of the superfoods Kachava provides.
Because, green powders are in essence a concentrated blend of superfoods ( kale, broccoli, berries, spirulina, dandelion…) that are designed to boost your nutrient and phytonutrients intake.
Check my personal pick SuperGreen Tonik:
- Clean, 3rd party lab tested ingredients
- Blend of 16 superfoods
- Great to boost nutrient intake, help with digestion and boost your immune system
- US made
Conclusion; The Best Kachava Alternatives Are
Lyfefuel and Ample (when available). However, I hope that I was able to highlight that there are plenty of Kachava substitutes out there that can work out for you.
Even much cheaper alternatives, like Instant Complete with the extra protein, and carefully boosted micronutrients to improve your daily performance and help you with weight loss.
No matter what your situation is, there’s a meal replacement shake out there that will be able to help you out with your goals and will provide you with a healthier meal.