Best Meal Replacement & Protein Shakes No Artificial Sweeteners 2023
Are you looking for a healthy meal replacement shake that doesn’t contain any artificial sweeteners?
I know that you are because I’ve been there, too. That’s why I’ve created a list of protein shakes and meal replacement shakes without artificial sweeteners that not only taste great but also provide you with a healthy meal.
The fear of the negative effects of sugar gave rise to the era of artificial sweeteners. Ingredients like acesulfame-k, aspartame or sucralose can be found anywhere. This is particularly true for protein powders, which try to provide you with the most amount of protein without adding sugars. Therefore, finding the best meal replacements and protein shakes without artificial sweeteners is not easy.
You deserve to have a delicious, healthy shake without having to worry about the potentially harmful effects of artificial sweeteners.
As such, I have compiled a list of what I consider the best meal replacements and protein powders with no sucralose or aspartame, or similar.
Instead, the shakes listed below use natural sweeteners like monk fruit, stevia extract, honey, or just sugar (cane or coconut). Healthier alternatives can help you improve your gut health and reduce side effects.
Check out my list of protein shakes and the best meal replacement shakes with no artificial sweeteners today! They’re all free from sucralose, ace-K, etc, so you can feel good about what you’re eating.
Best Without Stevia
- Sweetened with sugar, no stevia or artificial sweeteners
- Vegan, natural, healthy
- Great clean taste
Best Low Calorie
- Low calorie, high protein
- Ultra rich in nutrients – Super healthy
- 0 artificial ingredients
Best Protein Powder w/o Artificial Sweeteners
- Organic, vegan, no gluten
- Sweet and tasty
- 18g of protein per serving
Before diving into the list, I want to let you know that it’s divided into two parts:
- Best Meal Replacement Shakes without Artificial Sweeteners. Shakes that provide you with all essential nutrients to replace meals with.
- Best Protein Shakes with no Artificial Sweeteners. Shakes that contain mostly protein to boost your protein intake.
If the distinction is not clear now, don’t worry, I will explain it later.
Top Meal Replacement Shakes With No Artificial Sweeteners
In the table below, you can have a brief look into what I consider the best meal shakes without artificial sweeteners.
|#1 Rootana||Y||Coconut Sugar||91%|
|#2 Lyfefuel||Y||Coconut Sugar, Stevia||90%|
|#3 HLTH Code||N||Monk Fruit, Stevia||89%|
|#4 Kachava||Y||Lo Han Fruit||89%|
|#5 Huel RTD||Y||Coconut Sugar, Stevia||86%|
|Performance Shake(||Y||Coconut Sugar, Stevia, Monk Fruit||92%|
|Four Sigmatic*||Y||Monk Fruit||–|
|Naked Whey*||N||Organic coconut Sugar||–|
Best Meal Replacement Shake Without Artificial Sweeteners
#1 Rootana Real Food Shake – NO STEVIA
- Best value meal replacement shake.
- Fully plant-based, no soy, no ultra-processed carbs.
- Free of artificial sweeteners, not even stevia.
- Chocolate shake is insanely good
#2 LyfeFuel Daily Essentials
- Most nutrient-dense shake.
- 110kcal, 18g of protein, packed with antioxidants, probiotics, and digestive enzymes.
- Plant-based, no artificial ingredients.
- Superb taste.
#3 HLTH Complete Meal
- High-quality meal replacement.
- Low GI, no artificial additives, soy-free, gluten-free, no-GMO.
- Shakes that excel in taste and texture.
- Sweetened with monk fruit and stevia; but no artificial sweeteners.
Best Artificial Sweetener-Free Protein Shake
Performance – Best Protein Shake without Sucralose
- Vegan, organic protein shake.
- 25g of protein, 4.5g of BCAAS
- Includes superfoods and digestive enzymes for better absorption
- Sweetened with monk fruit, coconut sugar, stevia
- Available in the US
Four Sigmatic – Best Protein Shake without Artificial Sweeteners or Stevia
- Vegan, organic protein shake.
- 150kcal, 18g of protein and 2g of sugar.
- Includes adaptogens to relieve stress and help you focus.
- No stevia; sweetened with monk fruit.
- Clean, rich cacao taste.
- Available in the US/CAN/EU
Meet the Expert
Hi! My name is Enaut and I’m the owner of Latestfuels. Welcome to the home of meal replacements, protein powders, and the latest nutritional trends.
I drink meal replacement shakes on a daily basis, and I’ve been consuming protein powders for over 10 years now. I enjoy analyzing them, breaking them down, and sharing my thoughts with my readers.
Enjoy your shake!
Best Meal Replacement Powders Without Artificial Sweeteners
1. Rootana – Best Meal Replacement Shake without Artificial Sweeteners or Stevia
If you live in the UK or the US, you will have quite a few good meal replacements without artificial sweeteners. However, none will be as good as Rootana, which has zero artificial sweeteners and doesn’t even have stevia.
This for me is a game changer since natural sugar alternatives like stevia can negatively affect the taste of the shake. For that reason, I love Rootana’s meal shakes. They have a clean, refreshing taste without any weird background flavors or aftertaste.
Besides being artificial sweetener-free, Rootana’s plant-based shakes are also extremely healthy. They come with 21g of protein per serving, plenty of fiber, and all the essential nutrients. Perhaps, I would’ve liked to see some probiotics, but this is a very minor complaint.
Even more when they deliver all this goodness for a very reasonable price, the customer experience is also great, and shipping is ultra-fast.
I would start with Vanilla and Chocolate, even though, I personally like Chocolate better. It has a dark pure strong cacao flavor that I adore.
- Macros (C/P/F): 46/21/33
- Kcal: 400kcal
- Protein (g): 21g – from organic pea protein
- Sugars (g): 13.0g
- Sweetener: Organic coconut sugar
- Allergens: Oats
- Profile: No Stevia,
- Best Flavor: Chocolate
- Flavors: Chocolate, Vanilla, and Natural
2. Lyfefuel Daily – Best Meal Replacemet without Artificial Sweeteners
Lyfefuel Daily Essentials Shake is the healthiest meal replacement shake without artificial sweeteners. It’s not only clean, but it’s also carefully crafted to provide you with a nutrient boost.
Instead of focusing on nutrients that are readily available to us (like calories), Daily Essential Shakes provide you with those that you might lack in your diet. For instance, it’s really rich in vitamin B12, commonly missing in vegan diets. They also supplement vitamin K2 and D3, which are not found in every meal replacement shake.
This attention to detail is what makes this meal replacement shake special. They take scientific research and apply it to their shakes to provide you with the best of the best. You will notice improvements in your energy levels, mood, and health.
All of this in a 110kcal shake with 18g of premium plant protein. I wish the meal replacement drink had some more fats, to cover your omega-3 oils, though.
Lyfefuel’s meal replacement shakes are also ideal for weight loss, as their low-calorie high-nutrient formula will allow you to eat healthily and avoid empty calories.
Besides, both flavors are lovely, although I need to admit that the Chocolate one is better, particularly when you mix it with oat milk.
- Macros (C/P/F): 14/65/16
- Energy: 110kcal
- Protein (g): 18g – from pea protein and organic rice protein
- Sugars (g): 3.0g of which 1.5g are from added sugars
- Allergens: None
- Sweetener: Organic Coconut Sugar and Stevia Leaf Extract
- Profile: High protein, low-calorie, vegan
- Flavors: Chocolate and Vanilla.
- Best Flavour: Chocolate.
3. HLTH Complete Meal
Best Low Carb
This is another fabulous brand that offers real food-based shakes without any artificial additives or sweeteners. In fact, HLTH Complete meal is one of the healthiest and most pleasant drinks you can get.
Unfortunately, they do use stevia leaf extract, together with monk fruit; so if you are looking for a stevia-free shake, this won’t be for you. Personally, I didn’t notice any strong stevia taste, as some other shakes do.
Nutritionally, HLTH is a low carb (only 4g!) shake with tons of protein (27g). Engineered by Dr. Ben Bikman, the goal is to provide you with a science-backed meal that makes you feel good. For that, they also add healthy fats and protein in a 1:1 ratio, which ensures better absorption of nutrients.
Plus, they add probiotics and digestive enzymes, which in my experience, makes them easier to drink than other meal replacement shakes.
When it comes to taste, I have very few issues. Chocolate Macadamia (my favorite) is sublime; sweet and flavourful like a chocolate milkshake. I just wish it was slightly thicker!
Start now with the code LATESTFUELS and get 10% OFF on your first purchase.
- Macros (C/P/F): 12/27/61
- Kcal: 400kcal
- Protein (g): 27g – from whey protein isolate, collagen, egg whites
- Sugars (g): 2.0g
- Allergens: Milk
- Sweetener: Monk Fruit Extract, Stevia Leaf Extract
- Profile: Keto
- Best Flavor: Chocolate Macadamia
- Flavors: Chocolate Macadamia and Creamy Vanilla.
Best Weight Loss
- No stevia or artificial sweeteners
- One of the healthiest shakes money can get you
- 240kcal, 25g of protein, and all the vitamins and minerals
- No artificial additives, soy-free, GMO-free and gluten-free
- It contains digestive enzymes, probiotics and prebiotics to help your gut
- Blender for best texture
There are very few meal replacement shakes as healthy as Kachava shakes. These are not only some of the best artificial sweetener-free shakes, but simply some of the best meal replacement shakes.
What makes them so great?
- They provide you with nutrients from whole foods only. No artificial sweeteners or additives. This ensures greater absorption of nutrients and no nasty side effects.
- They come with 70+ superfoods (vegetables, fruits), probiotics, and digestive enzymes. Consequently, you will get essential nutrition plus an array of nutrients that have beneficial effects on your health (anti-oxidants, anti-inflammatory agents…)
- Well-balanced nutrition. High in protein, plenty of fiber, and omega-3 essential fatty acids. You will get all you need with Kachava meal replacement shakes.
And yet, I’m to mention my favorite part. They are surprisingly tasty. I say surprisingly because healthy shakes often taste like undrinkable green smoothies. This is not the case with Kachava, they are simply delicious.
Nonetheless, there is an issue. Sadly, Kachava shakes are rather expensive. It’s partially because this is an organic meal, but I still think this is a great meal replacement shake worth the price.
- Macros (C/P/F): 33/41/26
- Kcal: 240kcal
- Protein (g): 24g – from Yellow Pea Protein, Organic Whole Grain Brown Rice Protein, Organic Sacha Ichi, Organic Amaranth, Organic Quinoa
- Profile: Natural, high protein, vegan, gluten-free
- Allergens: Coconut
- Sweetener: Lo Han Fruit Extract
- Best Flavor: Coconut Acai
- Flavors: Chocolate, Vanilla, Coconut Acai, Chai, and Matcha
5. Huel RTD 2.0
Huel is the leading company in dairy-free shakes. Their previous ready-to-drink product was rather forgettable (and it contains sucralose), but the v2.0 absolutely blew my mind when I tried it. I didn’t have the highest hopes, but I must admit that they outdid themselves.
Huel RTD v2.0 is a vegan, soy-free meal replacement shake that has all essential nutrients and no artificial sweeteners. Instead, they use coconut sugar and stevia leaf extract to sweeten the shakes.
There are two things I love about the new RTD. Firstly, it’s convenient and how easily you can enjoy a healthy meal. Secondly, the taste. 3 out of the 4 new flavors are very good or great. Cinnamon Swirl and Ice Coffee Caramel are both must-try.
So do yourself a favor, and grab one now.
For those looking for a powder-based alternative, look at Huel Black. Ultra high in protein (40g per serving), low in carbs, and without artificial sweeteners. Try Salted Caramel first.
- Macros (C/P/F): 37/22/41
- Serving size: 400kcal
- Protein (g): 20g – from pea protein, rice, and hemp protein
- Sugars (g): 5.0g – coconut sugar
- Sweetener: Coconut Sugar and Stevia
- Best Flavor: Ice Coffee Caramel
- Flavors: Ice Coffee Caramel, Salted Caramel, Cinnamon Swirl, Strawberries and Cream.
Best Protein Powders Without Artificial Sweeteners
1. Performance Shake – Best Protein Shakes without Sucralose
- 25g of protein, 4.5g of BCAAs
- Premium blend of plant-based proteins
- Digestive enzymes for better absorption
- Best tasting chocolate shake
- Free shipping
- No the most affordable
- Only 2 flavors
Lyfefuels Performance Shake (old Recovery) is the best protein shake without sucralose and artificial sweeteners.
Their premium plant-based protein blend provides you with 25g of protein and 4.5g of BCAAs, which is excellent. The blend consists of pea protein isolate, brown rice protein, and quinoa to make a complete source.
Furthermore, to enhance nutrient absorption, they include digestive enzymes and a superfood blend. This superfood blend consists of chlorella, berries, and maca root which enhance recovery and energy levels.
On top of that, this is one of the tastiest chocolate protein shakes that we’ve tested at Latestfuels. Creamy, mixes great, and has a lovely sweet chocolate taste to it.
Definitely a great buy if you are looking for a protein drink without sucralose.