310 Meal Replacements Are Not Worth the Price (Review)
This is the 310 meal replacement review, where we will find out if 310 shakes are as great as they seem. Made in the US by 310 nutrition, they are vegan shakes with organic ingredients, and no gluten or soy. With only 110kcal and 15g of premium protein, they are designed for weight loss and are seemingly a good Shakeology alternative. Therefore, are 310 shakes worth buying?
310 Meal Replacement Review
Flavours: Chocolate Mint, Pumpkin Spice, Chocolate, Vanilla, Salted Caramel, and Unflavoured.
Ingredients: 310 Tri-Plex Blend™ (Organic Pea Protein Isolate, Organic Brown Rice Protein Concentrate, Organic Pumpkin Protein), 310 Organic Fiber Superfood Blend (FiberSMART® Organic Soluble Tapioca Fiber, Organic Alfalfa Powder, Organic Apple Powder, Organic Beet Root Powder, Organic Broccoli Powder, Organic Chaga Mushroom Powder, Organic Chlorella Powder, Organic Ginger Root, Organic Spinach Powder, Organic Spirulina Powder, and Organic Turmeric Powder), Organic Coconut Creamer (Organic coconut oil, organic rice syrup solids, organic pea protein, contains 2% or less of each of the following: sodium citrate, tricalcium phosphate, organic sunflower lecithin.), Organic Flavors, Non-GMO Ticaloid® Ultrasmooth Powder (Guar Gum, Gum Acacia, and Xantham Gum), Himalayan Pink Salt, Stevia, Monk Fruit Extract. Contains: Tree nut (Coconut).
Taking everything I mentioned during this 310 meal replacement review into consideration; I must say that I’m a little disappointed.
Even though, this is a good shake and contains high quality nutrients; it falls short when compared to close competitors.
Additionally, it is also more expensive than other gluten free shakes, which makes 310 shakes hard to recommend.
That said, 310 drinks are quite delicious and can be useful for weight loss.
What I like
1. Organic, vegan, gluten-free and soy free. 310 Nutrition uses high quality ingredients in their shakes. Drinkable by almost anybody.
2. Added superfoods for extra nutrients. A balanced diet requires nutrients from multiple sources. Organic beets, broccoli, ginger, spinach… are incredibly nutrient dense.
3. 310 is a great diet shake. Each serving is only 110kcal and comes packed with protein and fibre. It will help you feel full for longer than other shakes.
4. Sweet tasting. 310 shakes are quite sweet and thin, quite easy to drink. Plus, if you don’t like sweet drinks you can opt for the unflavoured option
5. Single serving and bulk bags. Choose which one fits you best; a single serving sachet to consume it anywhere, or a bigger bag to reduce waste.
What I dislike
1. It’s just too expensive. Sadly, despite their premium ingredients, I think that when compared to similar products, 310 shake is too pricey.
2. Lacks essential nutrients. In fact, 310 shakes lack micronutrients and essential fatty acids; both of which are necessary for a complete meal replacement.
3. Not fit to replace meals with. For most adults, 310 shakes will not be an efficient meal replacement. This is due to their low caloric content and lack of nutrients.
4. You can only buy it in the US. Unfortunately, this product is not available in Europe.
1. Add more vitamins and minerals. For a premium shake, I would’ve like to see more greens added that will provide vitamins (D, K, E etc), minerals (zinc) that your body needs.
310 Shake Taste
Generally speaking, 310 shakes are quite pleasant and easy to drink. They are quite sweet and they mix without any issues. This makes them easy to drink and like. Lastly, I would recommend going unflavoured if you are not fan of sweet shakes.
|Best flavour||Salted Caramel.|
|Taste||Most flavours are a little too sweet. The flavouring can be a little strong too, but most people will enjoy 310 shakes.|
|Texture||Very thin shakes, slightly watery and without any grittiness.|
|Easy to Mix||They mix perfectly even in a shaker. No need for blenders.|
|Satiety||They do well considering the low calorie output. 1-2h.|
|Easy to Clean||You will be able to clean the shaker without any issues.|
|Afterthoughts||The sweetness left me with cravings for more; but this was fast forgotten. No pains or discomfort after drinking.|
Pro-tip: Add milk (or your plant-based alternative) to improve the texture. This shake also works well with frozen fruits. For keto, add heavy cream.
310 Shake Nutrition
Regarding at 310 Shakes nutrition, there are three points that I want to remark:
- 310 Shakes are very low on calories, and most adults will require higher caloric content. Thus, they are most suited to help you lose weight, or as a nutritious snack.
- As showcased below, all 310 nutrition meals are vegan, organic and soy-free shakes.
- Besides, 310 Nutrition shakes are not complete; aka, they miss some essential vitamins and minerals.
310 Shake Nutrition Overview
|Features||LF, GF, DF|
|Contains All Micronutrients||No|
- Total Carbs: 7g, 3% of DV.
- Sugars: 0g.
- Fiber: 5g, 18% of DV.
Overall, 310 shakes are really low in carbohydrates. Despite having 7g per serving, 5g are due to fibre (FiberSMART organic tapioca fiber). Once again, this makes 310 shakes ideal for weight loss. On one side, the caloric input is kept low; and on the other side, fiber can help you with satiety.
For my own complete nutritional shakes, I rather see more carbohydrates from complex sources like oats, quinoa, amaranth etc. Therefore, adding some can be a good way to supplement your shake.
- Total Protein: 15g, 20% of DV.
Like many other weight loss meal replacement shakes, 310 drinks are primarily composed of protein. In this case, 55% of the total energy comes from protein.
310 Nutrition uses their custom Tri-Plex Protein blend composed of: organic pea, brown rice and pumpkin protein. While it might sound fancy, rice and pea protein are often paired together in vegan shakes to provide you with a more complete amino acid profile. In fact, pumpkin protein is novelty addition. This, however, helps balance the amino acid profile, as well as, improving the taste.
- Total Fats: 2g, 2% of DV.
- Saturated Fats: 1g, 7% of DV.
- Omega-3: ?.
As it’s the case with many low calorie high protein shakes, 310 Nutrition shakes are very low in fats. Consequently, it falls short in essential fatty acids, like omega-3 fatty acids. Even during weight loss, these are necessary to keep healthy body functions. Thus, I would recommend to supplement your diet with food rich in omega-3s or supplements.
Micronutrients and Phytonutrients
Unfortunately, 310 shakes fail to deliver all the necessary vitamins and minerals. For instance, 310 drinks are deficient in Vitamin D, A, B, C and minerals like zinc, calcium, or manganese.
On the other hand, they are rich in phytonutrients thanks to the green powders added to the mix: organic chlorella, spinach, alfalfa, beer root powder etc.
As far as the sweeteners are concerned, 310 shakes contain monk fruit extract and stevia; thus they contain no artificial sweetener.
Coconut is present, but otherwise they are free of any major allergen.
More about 310 Nutrition
This is a US based company specialized in weight loss shakes. In addition to this, according to their mission their strive to improve the lives of their customers by providing clean solutions. Despite the fact that their 310 meal replacement shakes are their main focus and best-sellers, they also provide other nutritional products. These include BHB exogenous ketones, vitamin C powders and Keto strips.
Pricing & Shipping
So, let’s discuss the cost of 310 Nutrition; are the 310 shakes too expensive?
- 310 Shakes come in 28 serving bags. Each bag costs $68.
- Each serving contains 110kcal. One serving will cost you $2.43.
- In Amazon you will be able to get single serving packs and 14 meal bags, as well as 24 meals.
Undoubtedly, these are not the cheapest meal replacement shakes in the market. However, they compare fairly well with other organic and healthy meal shakes.
|Price per 400kcal||Orgain||Ample V||Garden of Life||310 Shakes|
Are 310 shakes worth the money? You will have to answer that yourself, but I believe that there are better options out there that offer a similar product at a lesser cost.
That said, you can use the free shipping in Amazon to save some money in that regard.
310 Meal Replacement vs
Considering the nutritional features of 310 shakes – clean, organic, keto friendly-, we must compare them to some of the most premium meal replacements. In fact, in the US there is actually a good offering of products that offer high protein shakes designed for weight loss.
|310||Raw & Organic||Ample V||Lean Body|
|Real Food based||Y||Y||Y||N|
Remarkably, none of these meal replacement are complete or “nutritionally balanced”. While most are very rich in micronutrients and phytonutrients, neither of them provides you with the Daily Values set by the FDA. If you are looking for a complete natural vegan shake check Ambronite.
310 Meal Replacement Shakes vs
Raw & Organic Meal
With only 130kcal per serving and 20g of protein per serving; Garden of Life’s meal shake is a good competitor. They avoid artificial ingredients and include 44 superfoods to increase the nutritional intake. Raw & Organic is best suited for post-workout meals and as a nutritional boost.
Ample V – Better Taste
One of my favourite meal replacements when it comes to taste. However, besides their superb taste and smooth texture; they are also nutritionally great. Ample’s shakes are usually lower in carbs, and provide a true keto shake (lovely chocolate flavour). Personally, I would choose Ample over 310 shakes.
Labrada Lean Body – Cheaper Alternative
On the complete opposite end of the spectrum, Lean Body offers a less natural shake with artificial sweeteners and highly processed ingredients. Despite that, Lean Body shakes are ideal to lose weight and put on lean mass. Each contains 35g of protein and only 290kcal. Plus, they have a great array of flavours to choose from. The right choice for those that want a cheaper alternative.
310 Shakes vs Shakeology
Shakeology is an even more expensive diet shake than 310. However, it also has more nutrients, added probiotics, most vitamins and minerals, and adaptogens.
Despite being nutritionally more complete, Shakeology shakes are still too expensive for what they offer and I would recommend staying away from them.
310 Meal Replacement FAQ
Yes, 310 Nutrition has made a strong bet for organic ingredients in their shakes.
Yes, the shakes are fully plant-based and keto friendly, with only 2g of net carbs. That said, due to the low fat content, you should supplement it with your own source.
Yes. In fact, each serving only has 110kcal and it’s high in both protein and fibre. These two nutrients can help you feeling more full after your drink. 310 Nutrition also provides with weight loss plans.
No, 310 shakes will not provide you with all the micronutrients that you body needs, as well as, other essential nutrients.
Verdict – 310 Meal Replacement Review
Summing this 310 Meal Replacement shakes review, I must admit that I find 310 shakes slightly too expensive for what they offer and I would look somewhere else (Raw Organic or Ample).
In spite of a solid nutrition that focuses on organic, clean ingredients; it lacks some key nutrients (omega-3s, vitamin-D, calcium, zinc etc.). Thus, it’s not a complete meal replacement, and actually misses on too many key nutrients for my liking.
Nonetheless, as highlighted during this 310 meal replacement review, they can be a great tool to lose weight due to their low calorie content and high amounts of fibre and protein.
Furthemore, the shakes do taste great and are easy to drink; although, I personally find them a little too sweet.
310 Meal Replacement
- Organic, gluten-free, vegan and keto friendly
- Nice, sweet shakes with multiple flavours to choose from
- 0g of sugars, 5g of fibre and 15g of protein per serving
- Single serving bags as well as multiple serving bags available
- Good shake for weight loss purposes
- The price is just way too high
- Lacks micronutrients and omega-3
- Not very balanced, too rich in protein
- There are better alternatives in the market