There are hundreds of different greens powders on the market, but Athletic Greens (or AG-1) and Bloom Greens are among the most popular. When comparing Athletic Greens vs Bloom Greens there’s one big issue: their lack of transparency when it comes to their formula.
Comparing AG1 vs Bloom Greens can be difficult because both use proprietary blends. Most people want to know if Bloom is as good as Athletic Greens, especially considering it is half the price. Unfortunately, both have issues with transparency as they use mostly ineffective dosages of ingredients and are not the best options within their price brackets.
However, both greens powders taste good and have many positive customer reviews. It also has a wide variety of flavors compared to its competition.
Although Bloom does contain some vitamins, they do not list how many, which is common among budget greens powders. Taking a greens powder plus a multivitamin may still be beneficial due to the antioxidants, herbal compounds, and digestive aids.
Otherwise, we recommend looking into better options than Athletic Greens or Bloom, which can be found on our website.
Table of Contents
- Athletic Greens Introduction
- Bloom Greens Introduction
- Comparing the Benefits of Athletic Greens vs Bloom Greens
- Analyzing the Ingredients of Athletic Greens and Bloom Greens
- Taste Review: AG-1 Athletic Greens vs Bloom Greens
- Pricing and Accessibility of AG-1 vs Bloom Greens
- Pros and Cons
- Final Thoughts: Choosing the Best Green Powder Supplement
Bloom Greens vs Athletic Greens Overview
|# of Greens
Athletic Greens Introduction
Athletic Greens, now rebranded as AG1 Drink, is a green powder supplement that has been around for over a decade. It’s without a doubt the most popular greens powder on the market, and one that you might have seen promoted by influencers and YouTubers alike.
It boasts an impressive list of 75 ingredients, including a variety of vegetables, fruits, adaptogens, herbs, spices, probiotics, and prebiotics. The supplement is NSF-certified for sports, ensuring that it is free from any banned substances. Additionally, it is manufactured in the US and undergoes third-party testing to guarantee its quality and safety.
However, it’s important to note that Athletic Greens uses proprietary blends, which means that the specific dosages of individual ingredients are not disclosed. While the supplement has several high-quality ingredients, this lack of transparency is a huge drawback for any premium supplement.
Bloom Greens Introduction
Bloom Greens is another popular green powder supplement that has gained traction in the market. Founded in 2019, the company aims to promote health and wellness through its blend of 40 ingredients.
Bloom Greens includes a variety of fruits, vegetables, probiotics, prebiotics, adaptogens, herbs, and spices. Similar to Athletic Greens, Bloom Greens also uses proprietary blends, which means that the exact amounts of each ingredient are not disclosed.
One advantage of Bloom Greens is its wide range of flavors. The supplement is available in five different options: berry, coconut, citrus, mint, and mango. This variety allows consumers to choose a flavor that suits their preferences.
Additionally, Bloom Greens is manufactured in GMP-certified facilities, ensuring that it meets high quality standards.
However, it’s important to note that Bloom Greens only offers a 15-day refund policy, which may be shorter than what some consumers prefer.
Comparing the Benefits of Athletic Greens vs Bloom Greens
Both Athletic Greens and Bloom Greens offer a range of benefits due to their nutrient-rich formulations. Green powder supplements, in general, provide essential vitamins and minerals that support overall wellness. However, the specific ingredients in each product can provide additional benefits. Let’s take a closer look at what each supplement has to offer.
Note: when we tested both products for our reviews, they weren’t as good as they claimed. This is partially because the dosages are below effective levels. That’s why we recommend transparent labels like in SuperGreen Tonik.
Athletic Greens is a low-calorie supplement that provides 50 calories per scoop. Its benefits include:
- Improved gut health: Athletic Greens contains probiotics, prebiotics, and digestive enzymes that promote a healthy gut microbiome and aid digestion.
- Enhanced immune system: The supplement is rich in antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals that support immune function.
- Reduced inflammation: Certain ingredients in Athletic Greens have anti-inflammatory properties, which can help alleviate chronic inflammation.
- Decreased stress levels: The supplement includes adaptogens like ashwagandha and Rhodiola, which have been shown to reduce stress and promote relaxation.
- Boosted energy levels: The blend of nutrients in Athletic Greens can provide a natural energy boost, helping you stay energized throughout the day.
- Improved sleep: The adaptogens in Athletic Greens, such as ashwagandha and Rhodiola, may help improve sleep quality.
Similar to Athletic Greens, Bloom Greens is a low-calorie supplement with 15 calories per scoop. Its benefits include:
- Reduced inflammation: Bloom Greens contains antioxidants that can help reduce inflammation and support overall health.
- Enhanced immune function: The supplement includes ingredients like wheatgrass, spirulina, and blueberry, which provide antioxidants that boost immune function.
- Improved digestion: Bloom Greens contains fiber and digestive enzymes that support healthy digestion and alleviate digestive issues.
- Promoted gut health: The probiotics and prebiotics in Bloom Greens promote a healthy gut microbiome, which is essential for overall well-being.
- Increased energy levels: The blend of nutrients in Bloom Greens can provide a natural energy boost, helping you feel more energized throughout the day.
Analyzing the Ingredients of Athletic Greens and Bloom Greens
Understanding the ingredients of a green powder supplement is crucial in evaluating its effectiveness. While both Athletic Greens and Bloom Greens use high-quality ingredients, it’s important to note that they utilize proprietary blends, making it difficult to determine the exact dosages of individual components. However, we can still examine the key ingredients in each supplement.
Athletic Greens boasts an extensive list of 75 ingredients, which are divided into four blends:
- Raw superfood complex: This blend includes ingredients like spirulina, wheatgrass, and alfalfa, providing a variety of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Extracts, herbs, and antioxidants: This blend contains ingredients like Rhodiola, milk thistle, and green tea, offering additional antioxidants and potential health benefits.
- Digestive enzymes and mushroom complex: This blend includes enzymes and mushrooms that aid digestion and support overall wellness.
- Dairy-free probiotics: Athletic Greens includes probiotics like L. acidophilus and B. bifidum, which promote a healthy gut microbiome.
While Athletic Greens has an impressive ingredient list, it’s important to note that some ingredients may be underdosed due to the proprietary blend format.
Additionally, the specific amounts of adaptogens like ashwagandha and Rhodiola are not disclosed, making it difficult to assess their effectiveness. Truth be told, if you are looking for stress relief, you are better off looking at specialized brain supplements for stress relief.
Bloom Greens consists of 40 ingredients divided into seven blends:
- Fiber blend: This blend includes ingredients like chicory root fructooligosaccharides and flaxseeds, providing fiber to support digestive health.
- Green superfood blend: Bloom Greens utilizes ingredients like barley grass, spirulina, and wheatgrass to offer a wide range of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Pre and probiotics: This blend contains prebiotics and probiotics that promote a healthy gut microbiome and support overall wellness.
- Fruit and vegetable blend: Bloom Greens incorporates ingredients like carrots, beets, and blueberries, providing additional vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
- Antioxidant beauty blend: This blend includes fruits like cranberry and strawberry, offering antioxidants that support skin health and overall well-being.
- Digestive enzyme blend: Bloom Greens includes enzymes that aid digestion and promote optimal nutrient absorption.
- Adaptogenic blend: This blend utilizes adaptogens like ashwagandha and Rhodiola, which may help reduce stress and support overall wellness.
Like Athletic Greens, Bloom Greens also uses proprietary blends, making it difficult to determine the exact dosages of individual ingredients. However, the supplement includes a variety of fruits, vegetables, probiotics, and adaptogens that provide potential health benefits.
Taste Review: AG-1 Athletic Greens vs Bloom Greens
The taste of a green powder supplement can significantly impact your overall experience. While taste preferences can vary from person to person, it’s valuable to consider the general consensus regarding the flavors of Athletic Greens and Bloom Greens.
Sadly, AG-1 only offers one flavor.
Athletic Greens is generally well-tolerated by most consumers, with many praising its taste. Some people describe it as having a pleasant green juice or matcha-like flavor with a hint of vanilla. The texture of the supplement is also smooth, making it easy to dissolve in liquid.
In such cases, mixing the supplement with coconut water or fruit can help mask the taste.
One advantage of Bloom Greens over Athletic Greens is its variety of flavors.
The supplement is available in five different options: berry, coconut, citrus, mint, and mango. This range allows consumers to choose a flavor that aligns with their preferences.
While taste preferences can vary, we enjoyed the different flavors offered by Bloom Greens.
Pricing and Accessibility of AG-1 vs Bloom Greens
When considering a green powder supplement, factors such as pricing, availability, and refund policies are essential to evaluate. Let’s compare these aspects for both Athletic Greens and Bloom Greens.
Athletic Greens – The Premium Option
There’s no denying that the Achilles heel of AG-1 Drink is the price. It’s the most expensive greens you can buy
Athletic Greens is priced at $97 for a 30-day supply, which translates to approximately $3.23 per serving.
Luckily, AG-1 offers a 60-day money-back guarantee, allowing you to try it risk-free.
Bloom Greens – Affordable Option
Bloom Greens is priced at $39.99 for a 30-day supply, which equates to approximately $1.33 per serving. At almost half the price, it’s in a similar category to Huel Greens and it’s hard to argue against the value offered.
The supplement offers a 15-day refund policy, allowing you to try it and decide if it meets your needs.
Pros and Cons
- 75 nutrients, vitamins & minerals
- Rich in antioxidants, anti-inflammatory agents
- Gluten-free, soy-free, plant-based
- Includes digestive enzymes
- Too expensive
- Proprietary blend hiding the ingredients
- Only 1 flavor
- Ingredients not dosed properly
- Various flavors to choose from
- Contains the most important greens
- Ingredients underdosed
- Proprietary blend
- Not as effective when tested
Final Thoughts: Choosing the Best Green Powder Supplement
When it comes to selecting the best green powder supplement, both Athletic Greens and Bloom Greens offer their unique advantages.
Athletic Greens provides a comprehensive blend of 75 ingredients, including probiotics, adaptogens, and antioxidants, supporting overall health and well-being. Bloom Greens, on the other hand, offers a variety of flavors and a more affordable price point, making it an accessible option for many.
Ultimately, both have the same big flaw: the proprietary blends hide the ingredient quantities. This means that you might get too much of greens that are not as beneficial of your health, instead of proper doses from spirulina, chlorella, kale, spinach etc.
That’s why it’s hard to recommend either, and we instead use SuperGreenTonik from HumanTonik instead. It’s the only green powder we trust, due to its transparent label. We know that all greens are in effective doses, and we can feel the difference.