One week on Meal Replacements, “lents” or complete foods
One week on, a series to test all meal replacement shakes
This is a new series that I am starting. I have seen that some people like to do “one week on Soylent”; “one week on Huel”; “one week on Plenny Shake”…I found this concept fairly interesting, therefore I thought I could “one-weeks” in several meal replacement, while monitoring my weight and health to see how my body would react. I am pretty excited.
These experiments will be more like a guidance tool to demonstrate to people who are unsure about using meal replacements. A tool that will show ways on which you can add a complete food shake into your diet and ensure you have a healthy lifestyle.
I will also try to provide some commentary on the overall feeling and on goings of the days, so people can understand the circumstances better.
Hopefully, by the end of the series, I can make a judgement on which meal replacement brand (or product) suited me better and which one I enjoyed the most. A search for the best meal replacement shake.
But before starting here are the rules or the parameters:
- I will weight myself at the start of the week and at the end of the week.
- I will monitor all I eat using MyfitnessPal to track the calories in.
- Luckily, I also have a Garmin Fenix 3hr that allows me to fairly accurately estimate how many calories I burn a day and track exercise. Therefore, I will also provide data of the exercise and steps I do. This wil be calories out.
- I will try to eat at least more than 50% of my energy from meal replacements. Unfortunately, I do not think I will be able to do solely consuming complete foods (due to social and familiar compromises).
Things to take into account:
- One week is not enough time to draw any strong conclusions.
- The results for any certain meal replacement shake might be skewed due to external factors like stress, work load, temperature…
- Not 2 weeks are equal.
- I might be unable to fully accurately track my calories in meals that I do not cook.
Let’s do this!
List of Episodes:
Week 1: A week on Next Level Meal. A very exciting meal replacement with tons of different flavours to try from.
Week 2: A week on Satislent. The European budget meal replacement company offering vegan, non-gmo, locally sourced shakes at unbelievable prices.
Week 3: A week on Plenny Shake. The best budget shake with plenty of flavours and a sport and caffeinated variant. Jimmyjoy’s ace is one of the most popular meal replacement powders in the world.