The Best Meal Replacement Shakes In The UK for 2022
After trying more than 200 different shakes over the past 4 years, I’ve compiled this list with the best meal replacement shakes in the UK. They are, in my humble opinion, the best shakes you can have to start 2022 on a positive note.
Why have a meal replacement instead of “normal food”, though?
Despite the ill name meal replacements might have, 82% of the consumers state that they are satisfied with what meal replacements offer to them.
In fact, most of them found meal replacements very helpful with their dieting goals, being that weight loss or keeping a steady weight. And let’s be honest, after the Christmas festivities, we are all looking for some healthy food that’s going to help us lose those extra pounds that we’ve gained.
Fear not, since meal replacements can offer you an “easy” and healthy solution. These balanced and complete meals will provide you with all the essential nutrients, including protein, fibre and more.
What if you are a vegan? Or what if you are looking for gluten-free shakes? Worry not, since in this list with the top meal replacements in the UK, Ive included meal shakes suitable to most dietary conditions.
Meet the “Expert”
I’m Enaut, the owner of Latestfuels and I dedicate my life to testing all the meal replacement shakes in the market.
Over the past four years, I’ve been lucky enough to convert my passion into my job. I care about the details and I try to provide with the finest information to the readers. Then, you can feel safe with the choice that you make.
Enjoy your meal shake!
Top Meal Replacements Shakes in the UK
Here’s an overview of the best meal replacement shakes you can buy in the UK:
|Best Meal Replacement Shakes in the UK|
|Best Weight Loss||Diet Meal Replacement Extreme|
|Best Shake in the UK||Complete 360 Meal|
|Best Vegan Meal Replacement Shake||Complete 360 Meal|
|Best for Women||Dare Motivation|
|Best Ready to Drink||YFood RTD Chocolate|
|Best Allergen Free||Abnormal|
|Best Vegan RTD||Mana Drink|
|Best Natural Shake||Purition|
|Best Gluten Free||Dare Motivation|
Deals on the Top UK Shakes
50% OFF on Diet Extreme
- Diet Meal Replacement extreme is the best shake for weight loss you can buy in 2021.
- The shakes taste amazing; and you have up to 13 flavours to choose from. My favourite is Chocolate Hazelnut Heaven.
- Packed with high quality protein, fiber and supplements to help you with weight loss.
- 98% rating with over 400 reviews.
- UK based company.
7 Free Meals with Abnormal
- Only pay shipping and enjoy 7 personalized meal shakes.
- Answer questions and get meals that fit your diet and body.
- 3 awesome flavours to choose from.
- Unique way to get FREE meals for under £5.
Best Weight Loss Meal Replacement Shakes in UK
1. Diet Extreme
Best Low Fat
- A formula low in fat and high in protein and fibre
- 13 flavours to choose from; including Chocolate Peanut and Banana Sundae
- Incredible taste and improved texture
- Only 207kcal per shake
- 5 star rating after 205 user reviews
- Not suitable for coeliac’s
The Protein Works is a very reputable and successful nutritional company from the UK. One of my favourite items in their catalogue is Diet Meal Replacement Extreme, the best diet shake in the UK.
In fact, I think that this is the best shake for weight loss for 2022; an ideal blend of great taste, rich nutrition, and very filling shakes.
There’s a lot that I like about Diet Extreme. For instance, their extensive catalogue of flavours: up to 15! While I haven’t had the pleasure of trying all of them, the ones I have tried have been wonderful: incredibly smooth and delicious.
Furthermore, I love their high protein low fat formula – different from most high fat-low carb shakes. Both fibre and protein are very efficient at keeping you satiated, which definitely helps with weight loss.
On top of that, The Protein Works adds CLA, MCTs, konjac glucomannan, green tea extract and acetyl-L-carnitine to help you to lose some extra pounds. These supplements are very common among people that are looking to lose weight.
Make use of their fast next day delivery and get one of the best weight loss meal replacements with ease. Sticking to your new year resolution has never been easier!
Pro-tip: I recommend buying 3-4 bags or one 4kg bag (80 meals) to make sure you don’t run out and make excuses to yourself.
There’s also a vegan diet shake for those looking for plant-based alternatives.
- Macros (C/P/F): 39/46/15
- Kcal: 207kcal
- Protein (g): 24g – from soy protein isolate, whey protein isolate, micellar casein
- Sugars (g): 1.0g
- Allergens: Milk, Soy, Oats, Gluten
- Profile: Low fat-high protein
- Flavours: Banana Smooth Sundae, Butterscotch Ripple, Caramel Latte, Cheeky Choc Coconut, Choc Hazelnut Heaven, Choc Mint Brownie, Choc Peanut Cookie, Chocolate Silk, Cookies & Cream, Dark Choc Raspberry, Millionaire’s Shortbread, Chocolate Digestive, Salted Caramel Bandit, Strawberries N’ Cream, Tiramisu Italiano, Vanilla Creme Crush, and White Choc Peanut Sundae.
- Best Flavour: Chocolate Silk.
You might be interested in
2. Keto Meal Shake
- Keto shakes are great for weight loss in short diets
- Delicious chocolate flavour
- Real food shake
- Vegan, no GMO ingredients, no soy
- Only one flavour available
- Recommended for ketogenic diets
Ambronite’s new Keto Meal Shake is ideal for those looking to lose some weight.
Ketogenic diets restrict the amount of carbohydrates you consume in order to put your body in a fat burning stage. Thus, it’s one of the best low carb meal replacement shakes in the UK.
Even if you are not following a ketogenic diet, you will find Keto Meal Shake very filling and satisfying. Made with ingredients that you will recognize, it is optimized to help you with digestion and make you feel better. You can also purchase Ambrogreens, which will give you a boost for your green and veggies without adding many calories.
All together it will ensure that you can lose weight safely and healthily, getting the nutrients that your body needs.
One one of the downsides of Ambronite product is the price, since they are a premium brand. Thus, you can use the code LATESTFUELS to get 25% OFF in your order and/or buy in bulk for better prices.
- Macros (C/P/F): 12/18/70
- Kcal: 400kcal
- Protein (g): 18g
- Sugars (g): 1g
- Allergens: Coconut
- Profile: Vegan, keto
- Flavours: Chocolate
- Packed with protein: 40g per serving; and fiber
- Low carbohydrate mix, ideal for weight loss
- Made in the UK
- Vegan, non-GMO, soy free
- No added sweetners
- Tastes a bit too much like pea protein – not very likeable
- Only 2 flavours available
Exante is one of the leading brands when it comes to diet shakes. Their low calorie, but highly nutritious drinks are one of the best weight loss shakes in the UK.
There are a couple of things that they do really well: keep you full, despite providing you with few calories; and offer you sensible 4 weeks plans so that you can easily follow.
In fact, Exante’s 4 week diet plan is one of my favourite of its kind; better than other well-known weight-loss plans like Slimfast’s.
Taste wise, Exante offers thin and fairly sweet shakes. I did find some of the shakes a little too sweet, as a matter of fact. If you are not overly keen on sweetness, I would recommend sticking to Diet Extreme, instead.
Besides, you will be able to opt from multiple flavours and even a vegan variation. I personally like the standard flavours, like Chocolate and Vanilla; but there are also more exotic options like Caramel Latte, Salted Caramel, Lemon Cheesecake etc.
They also offer snack bars and other weight loss supplements to compliment your journey. Many of these are included on the 2 & 4 week weight loss bundles mentioned above.
- Macros (C/P/F): 37/40/23
- Kcal: 110kcal
- Protein (g): 12g – whey or soy in the vegan version
- Sugars (g): 3g
- Allergens: Whey*, Soy*
- Profile: Vegan*, gluten free
- Flavours: Chocolate, Vanilla, Carrot Cake, Banana, Strawberry, Double Chocolate, Coffee Walnut, Banana Bread, Raspberry Brownie, Cinnamon Swirl, Cherries & Berries, Mango & Passion Fruit…
You might be interested in
Best Meal Replacement Shakes in the UK (Powder)
1. Complete 360 Meal
Best UK Shake
- Great nutritional values and high quality ingredients
- One of the most delicious shakes you can buy
- Top 2 most affordable shake available in the UK
- 30g of protein per serving (400kcal)
- Next day delivery to the UK
- Whey version is not as good as vegan
Complete 360 is one of the best meal replacement in Europe when it comes to price/quality ratio.
Despite having high quality ingredients, it is also the most affordable shake. In the UK, you can buy it for as little as £1.0/400kcal, which makes it one of the best alternatives to Huel.
Nutritionally, Complete 360 is one of the healthiest shakes you can buy. It contains all your body needs, very low amount of sugar (1g), tons of fibre, plus probiotics to help you with digestion.
On top of that, it is packed with 30g protein (pea+rice+hemp protein) per 400kcal serving; making it ideal to support a sporty lifestyle. Plus, now you can buy a whey based version too – however, I feel that the whey version does not taste as good as the vegan one.
Besides, these shakes are very filling due to the high protein and fibre content. Nonetheless, they are also extremely tasty and enjoyable. Double Milk Chocolate is one of the best shakes in the market when it comes to taste.
I strongly recommend giving Complete 360 meal a try!
Note: the vegan version tastes much better than they whey version.
- Macros (C/P/F): 46/30/24
- Kcal: 400kcal
- Protein (g): 30g – pea, hemp, brown rice
- Sugars (g): 1g
- Allergens: Oats, Soy
- Profile: Vegan, gluten free
- Flavours: Banana Smooth, Choc Mint Brownie, Double Milk Chocolate, Strawberries N’ Cream Classic, and Vanilla Creme.
- Best Flavour: Double Milk Chocolate or Cookies ‘n’ Cream.
2. Dare Motivation
Best for Women
- Nutritionally well-rounded shakes
- 216kcal and 20g of protein
- Ultra rich in micronutrients – added greens to ease digestion
- Fantastic tasting shakes, thinner and easier to drink than competition
- Cool branding, colourful and great customer service
- Not the cheapest
- All flavours are Cocoa based
Dare Motivation is one of the most unique and beautiful meal replacement brands. However, what I love the most about them is the excellent taste. There are very few shakes in the UK that are as delicious as Dare shakes.
On top of that, they offer a smaller serving of 216kcal with 20g of protein that suits women better. Dare shakes are not big and bloating, but thin, smooth and easy to drink. You might find that they will sit better in your stomach; and you’ll definitely struggle less to drink them.
Dare shakes will provide all the nutrients that you require, plus 100% of your daily recommended vitamins and minerals per serving!
As mentioned, I think their shakes are incredibly delicious. All three flavours ( Cocoa Vanilla Frosting, Cocoa Jaffa Orange, and Cocoa Peanut Butter) are mouthwatering. They really blew me out of the water.
- Macros (C/P/F): 40/37/23
- Kcal: 216kcal
- Protein (g): 20g
- Sugars (g): 2.4g
- Allergens: Oats, Soy
- Profile: Vegan, gluten free
- Flavours: Cocoa & Jaffa Orange, Cocoa Vanilla Frosting, and Cocoa Peanut Butter.
- Best Flavour: Cocoa Vanilla Frosting.
Good For: People that want to support high quality UK products.
- Custom, personalized meals tailored to your needs
- Vegan, soy free, gluten free…
- Can be high in protein, high in fibre
- Increased vitamins and minerals if you need them
- Handy single serving pouches
- Added digestive enzymes, probiotics
- Only available via subscription
- 350kcal meals maximum
How can I shortly explain what Abnormal shakes are? Well, they are complete meals that are designed specifically for you; depending the answers you provide in regards to your diet.
Because of this, Abnormal shakes can be either plant based or whey based; or gluten-free if you are allergic to gluten. Even soy free, if you can’t have soy. After the short questionnaire, they tailor each meal to you dietary requirements, which is a truly unique system that works very well.
For instance, active people will get extra protein (I got 30g per 350kcals!); or you might get your meals fortified with vitamin D if you don’t go out much. No matter what your answers are, Abnormal shakes will offer you complete meals that are made just for you.
Besides that, you will be able to choose in between 4 tasty flavours. I personally thought Chocolate and Vanilla were the best, although they also have Banana and Strawberry.
For only £2/meal you can enjoy convenient single servings and easily adapt the shakes to your busy lifestyle, without having to worry about anything.
- Macros (C/P/F): 46/34/20*
- Kcal: 350kcal*
- Protein (g): 30g*
- Sugars (g): 2g
- Profile: Vegan, gluten free, soy free, nut free, lactose-free
- Flavours:Banana Milkshake, Chocolate Swirl, Strawberry Sundae, and Vanilla Cream.
- Best Flavour: Chocolate Swirl and Vanilla Cream.
4. Purition Original or Vegan
- Great nutritional values and high quality ingredients
- Incredible variety of flavours to choose from
- UK based brand that only uses real food ingredients
- Gluten-free, dairy-free*, soy-free and free of artificial additives
- Available on Amazon
- Lacks some vitamins and minerals
- Better if you mix it with milk
Purition is a UK based meal replacement company that does top-notch shakes. They only use the highest quality ingredients and add no artificial flavourings, synthetic vitamins or sweeteners. As such, they achieve a very natural taste, that makes you feel healthy.
Their shakes are very high in protein, low in sugars and saturated fats; while rich in fibres. A combination that will ensure you only get the best nutrients.
Another great thing about Purition is their wide array of flavours. They offer 8 variations in both Original (contains whey) and Vegan. This last one is gluten-free, dairy-free and soy free. If you are having trouble finding food that settles well in your stomach, I recommend you buying the plant-based version.
If you have any doubts on what flavours to pick I recommend going for the discovery box. A set of 6 different flavours (6 meals) for just £12.99.
Tip: Use a blender for improved texture and taste!
- Macros (C/P/F): 13/32/55
- Kcal: 190kcal
- Protein (g): 15g – Vegan and Whey based options
- Sugars (g): 0g
- Allergens: Milk*, almonds and sesame
- Profile: Vegan*, gluten free, keto friendly, soy free
- Flavours: Chocolate Orange, Macadamia & Vanilla, Chocolate, Coffee & Walnut, Strawberry, Coconut, Almond, Pistachio, Unflavoured, Vanilla, Hemp Chocolate, Hemp Original and Blackcurrant. Notice that some of these might be exclusive to the vegan shakes or to the original ones.
- Best Flavour: Coffee & Walnut.
- 6 different flavours available
- Thin and easy to drink shakes. Very beginner-friendly
- Very competitive price
- Chocolate is absolutely delicious! One of my favourites
- Contains maltodextrin
- Thin shakes might fail to fill you up
- Not vegan friendly
YFood is the king of flavours and great tasting shakes. Their ready-to-drink shakes are my favourite meal replacements; and their powders are very close to them. On top of them all, it is YFood Powder Chocolate, which resembles a chocolate Nesquick shake.
But Chocolate is not the only flavour that you will be able to enjoy; you can also choose from: Vanilla, Banana, Berry, Coffee and Coconut! Besides Berry (avoid this flavour), the rest are delicious.
All meals come with all the nutrients you need, including 26g of protein. All within the nutritional guidelines set by the UK government and the European Food and Safety Agencies.
YFood Powder (Chocolate) is my guilty pleasure, and if you want something tasty above anything else, then this is your pick.
- Macros (C/P/F): 35/26/39
- Kcal: 400kcal
- Protein (g): 26g – Milk protein
- Sugars (g): 15g – from milk
- Allergens: Milk (but it’s lactose free)
- Flavours: Chocolate, Coffee, Coconut, Vanilla, Berry, Salted Caramel, Hazelnut, and Banana.
- Best Flavour: Chocolate, or Coconut.
Best RTDs in the UK
I have made a separate list for the ready-to-drink options, because I believe they appeal to slightly different audience and comparisons between powder and RTD will be biased due to the different formats.
What do I mean by this?
- RTDs will be smoother, better blended and will have a more pleasant consistency for the most part.
- There are significantly less RTD options, less flavour options and less nutritional variety/
- Powders will be cheaper than RTDs, significantly cheaper.
1. YFood Ready to Drink
- Vegan and vegetarian RTDs available
- Highest protein in an RTD: 33g per serving
- Best tasting ready to drink shakes
- Great price
- Berry flavour not as good as the others
- Acesulfame K as sweetener
YFood is a German brand focused on ready to drink products. Their Alpine Chocolate meal replacement shake is one of the thickest and smoothest RTD; reminiscent of good chocolate meal shakes. It is, without a doubt, the best tasting ready to drink shake I’ve tried.
They have other flavours, too, including: Vanilla, Banana, Strawberry, Salted Caramel or Coffee. They are great tasting too, but a little thinner than the chocolate.
Regarding the size, YFood is available in 500ml bottles.
The price for the 500ml bottle starts at £2.5/400kcal; with an option to a further 15% discount with subscription. With Amazon Prime you can enjoy next day delivery.
Furthermore, they now have vegan alternatives. I don’t find them as tasty as the originals, but they are certainly tastier than most (including Huel RTD).
- Macros (C/P/F): 31/28/41
- Kcal: 500kcal
- Protein (g): 34g – Milk protein | Vegan RTD is also available
- Sugars (g): 22g – from milk
- Allergens: Milk (but it’s lactose free)
- Flavours: Chocolate, Coffee, Coconut, Vanilla, Berry, and Banana.
- Best Flavour: Chocolate.
2. Mana Drink
- Most compact RTD
- Great omega-3 profile
- Very filling
- Best vegan RTD
- Gluten-free, dairy-free, non-GMO
- Just two flavours to choose from
- Need to drink water after
Mana is a very successful company that offers vegan meal replacements. Their trademarks are science based formulas, and shakes that are high in fats and low carbs.
With the new formula, Mana has improved both the taste and texture of their RTDs. In fact, the new chocolate is a delight to drink; the best vegan RTD in my opinion.
The Original flavour, on the other hand, is a soft, neutral, light vanilla mix; which is easy to drink and hard to get tired off.
They are also lower in calories than other alternatives, with 330kcal per serving. As such, Mana is ideal to take it with you to the office, or drink it on the tube while you are commuting.
Have all the nutrients and more with Mana, while enjoying a tasty meal.
- Macros (C/P/F): 35/21/44
- Kcal: 330kcal
- Protein (g): 16g – soy isolate, pea protein isolate, oat protein, hemp protein, brown rice protein, algae protein
- Sugars (g): 6.5g
- Allergens: Soy
- Profile: Vegan, low carb
- Flavours: Original, Chocolate.
- Best Flavour: Origin.
Why Should You Replace Your Meal Deal with a Shake?
Because you are sick of eating the same sandwich everyday.
In all honesty; there are many pros to consuming a shake:
- Healthier and more complete nutritionally than your average sandwich.
- With 400kcal costing you around £1.3 on average; most complete food shakes will be cheaper.
- Personalized nutrition. Looking for high protein? Enjoy a fully nutritional shake with 30g of protein per 400kcal! Looking for a low carb option? Drink your meal replacement shake with under 40% carbs.
- Struggling to find vegan options? There are plenty of shakes available in different flavours; chocolate, vanilla, berries, bananas…
- Achieve your health goals by being able to easily count your calories and tailor the macros.
Comparison Between the Best Meal Replacement Shakes UK
There’s a lot of information about meal replacement shakes in the UK in this piece. In order to help you absorb and compare better; here’s a handy overview of the top shakes mentioned above:
|Diet Extreme||KMS||Exante||C360||Bulk||Purition||YFood||Dare||YFood RTD||Mana|
|Category||Weight Loss||Weight Loss||Weight Loss||Best Shake||Best Shake||Best Shake||Best Shake||Best Shake||Best RTD||Best RTD|
Which Are The UK Based Meal Replacement Brands?
For those who want to go local, here’s a small list of brands that are from the UK:
|Genesis Foods||Keto Oriented|
|The Protein Works||Protein Company|
|Dare Motivation||Small Gem|
|Purition||Natural, Free of Artificial|
|MyProtein – BeNu||Protein Company|
|Team Command||For Gamers|
Starting with Meal Replacement Shakes
Are you still feeling unsure whether meal replacements are a good option or not? Don’t worry, since you are not alone. Trying out new things is always scary.
For that reason; I have 3 very useful resources for anyone starting with complete foods:
- Meal Replacements 101. A guide for getting started with complete food shakes. I cover the basics, explain what types of meal replacements there are, and bust some common myths.
- In-depth weight loss guide. This is a piece where I go step by step on how you can use meal replacements to lose weight.
- Get help! If all these guides and recommendations are not enough, you can always ask to Latestfuels directly. I will answer all queries personally, and recommend you the shake that I think is best for you.
Lose Weight Easily with Meal Replacement Shakes
Nonetheless, I wanted to make a point on how useful meal replacements can be for weight loss. There are various reasons for that:
- Easy calorie tracking.
- Optimized formulas for weight loss.
- Nutrient dense.
- Include all essential nutrients.
- You can choose your macros: low fat, keto, high protein…
- Shakes can be very filling.
The above mentioned best diet shakes fill all that criteria.
For instance, Diet Meal Replacement Extreme has 200kcal per serving, including tons of protein and fibre, which help you feeling full. On top of that, they add extra ingredients like glucomannan, acetyl-L-carnitine or green tea extract to help you with this goal. All of this in a delicious meal replacement shake. Lose weight with confidence, get all the nutrients your body needs and improve your health!
Choose the best weight loss shake in the UK wisely.
Other Supplements to Support Your Weigh Loss
Besides a balanced diet (for which I use meal replacement shakes), exercise, and some mental endurance; I don’t tend to take any other supplements.
This is because I believe most weight loss supplements are a waste of money.
That said, there are a few products that I might consider buying:
- Green Powders. I use green powders in a daily basis, anyways. These help me to get antioxidants and other phytonutrients that I might otherwise be lacking. A great way to ensure I’m getting everything my body needs, even when I’m eating less. I would personally recommend starting with Super Greens.
- Multivitamins. Most meal replacements mentioned above will provide you with enough vitamins and minerals. However, since I don’t solely consume them, I like to make sure my having a serving of my favourite multivitamin mix.
- Fat burners. Lastly, these are the ones that I don’t use. Rather than fat burners, I would buy pre-workout oriented products that allow me to exercise in full power despite being in a calorie deficit. Thermopro, for instance, is a great product that will help you fire up for your daily workout.
How I Evaluated the Products
Quality of Ingredients and Origin
Because my bias to analysing each product from the nutritional standpoint, the quality of ingredients is fairly important for me.
In this case, ingredients that are closer to food (not ultra processed) and contain more of the initial nutrients are valued higher. Not just simply because they are closer to the original form, but because they will have a wide array of nutrients and chemicals including some that we might not know about (particularly important with vegetables and grains).
Besides, I also look at the origin of ingredients, preferentially being from the UK or the EU. This is because I believe that they are hold to higher standards; plus you have the chance to help the local producer.
Closely related to the last point, I think nutrition is one of the most important quality to judge.
However, judging this is not as straightforward as you might think. Even if there are guidelines (NHS, European Food And Safety Agency or WHO); what perfect nutrition is remains unknown.
It is also mildly subjective, as some will prefer lower carbohydrate diets; while others will tend to fall in the high protein diet trend etc. I personally prefer high protein products, which might cause a mild bias in the list.
All things taken into consideration, I have evaluated the quality of ingredients, the nutrients in the meal replacements (fats, sugars, protein, carbs), their compositions, scientific knowledge about the benefits etc. when deciding which ones are “the best”.
Taste and Texture
Now, for many this might be the most important point when deciding which meal replacement to buy. However, the issue is that this area is incredibly subjective.
Have you ever been in a curry house? Trick question, the answer is yes. Think about what people order: some will go for Tikka Massala; the more adventurous will go for Madras or Vindaloo; and the sweet tooth will go for Korma.
Similarly, there are shakes of all different kinds of textures, consistencies and sweetness levels. I tend to prefer thick and gritty shakes; not overly sweet when possible. There might be a small bias towards this type of shakes.
For some, this will be the breaking point between one brand and another. We all remember when we were broke students. Every penny matter, every penny saved was another pint in a night out.
Thus, I have put value to those offering cheap meal replacements; most of the times.
Other Factors Also Taken into Consideration
Environmental friendliness is an area of great concern for the early adopters of complete foods, since they provide a way for minimal food waste. I have considered the effort the company puts towards making a smaller impact in food and general waste when ranking the products.
Convenience is another key factor. Here is where RTDs shine over the Powders, but even between powders there are different formats, such as individual bags, big tubs or one day pouches.
Customer experience is mayhaps an area that I have undervalued. All these companies have great customer support, but certain brands shine more than others when making shopping more enjoyable.
Shipping and Availability. Let’s not lie to each other; we come to expect next day free delivery on almost all items on the internet (Amazon, what have you done to us!). Thus, speedy service and products being on stock continuously is an important feature for buyers.
Before You Buy The Best Shakes in the UK
Whether this is your first time buying meal replacements or you are simply trying something new; there are few key factors to consider before you purchase.
- Vegan or not vegan?
- What is your budget? As I have shown above, there are multiple price tags starting from £1/meal to over £5. Price is not always synonym of quality either.
- Thickness and texture of the shake. The wrong brand/product might be almost undrinkable. Think carefully about your preferences and take them into account when buying.
- What sort of nutrition are you looking for? What are the allergens on the shake? Low carb, high protein, keto, nut free shakes, soy free drinks… there are products for every type of user.
- Look for taster versions or starter packs! They are usually the best way to start with a brand.
After taking all into consideration, you are now ready! Do not be scared of trying new meal replacements out; there is a product for you out there!
Meal replacements are the perfect solution to replace those troublesome moments of the day when you have limited options. They are complete food with all the nutrients that you need. This includes healthy fats, plenty of protein and complex carbohydrates; together with vitamins and minerals. For more in the topic, check our guides section.
Most of the options mentioned in the list are vegan friendly. Ambronite, Purition, Huel… and many more offer fully plant-based meal replacement shakes in the UK.
Most of the brands mentioned above are from the UK or the EU. Usually, the delivery will be between 2-5 days; but some brands like Huel might offer next day delivery. Check individual reviews for more info.
No, there are plenty more brands that deliver to the UK. We have tried more than 40 different products and these are just our top picks. For more options, check our reviews or contact us, so we can help you out.
Most manufacturers do not recommend doing going 100% on meal replacements. This is due to the fact that there might be nutrients in food that we have not discovered yet, but are vital for a healthy lifestyle.
However, many people live in diets close to 100% and report no issues. Furthermore, there are some brands like Huel, which have done studies of them consuming only meal replacements for a month and obtained positive results.
Most people prefer to replace breakfast or lunch, since they have more time at dinner to cook. However, almost every meal replacement will be suitable for any occasion, unless it contains caffeine.
That will largely depend on the ingredients, but there’s a huge variety to choose from. Some will be more nutty, others more fruity, and mostly they will be quite sweet. All in all, most of them are quite pleasant and enjoyable.
No, and they often even help you lose weight. Because you can control how many calories you consume, they make tracking your food intake easier; thus helping you with your weight goals.
TheProteinWorks offers the most variety and overall our favourite meal replacement shakes.
Yes, Huel is an excellent meal replacement, but it is not the best tasting one. That’s why I prefer Complete 360 meal.
Final Thoughts – The Best Meal Replacement Shakes UK
I think that it is a great time to be a complete food consumer in the UK. There are a lot of brands out there, besides the above mentioned, that deserve a chance. These brands often have starter kits, which allow you to test all their different products.
Furthermore, in this weird times that we live in, taking care of our health and diet is primordial. I have been affected by mood changes, stress, unusual life rhythms… Sticking to something stable and healthy like meal replacements has truly enhanced my daily routine.
With all said and done, I hope that you found this list of the best meal replacement shakes in the UK useful. However, make sure to comment if you have any suggestions or quiestions!
5. More in: latestfuels.com/resources. A compilation with different governmental guidelines and references.
6. Ultimate Meal Replacement List. List with all the brands that deliver to the UK.